Alright so we’re on it. Mount Crushmore is a thing and it’s pretty exciting! There’s a lot to get through here so let’s dive right in.
I’ll quickly say that this week my weekly weigh-in and bi-weekly measurements were all done with InBody Testing at my local Nutrishop. This is a free service they provide and there’s really no reason for you to not go check it out!
Weekly Weigh-In: 221.9 Pounds (Goal: 210 Pounds)
- Body Fat Percentage: 21.7% (Goal: 15%)
- Skeletal Muscle Mass: 98.8 Pounds
- Body Fat Mass: 48.3 Pounds
- Neck: 15″
- Chest: 41″
- Arms: 14″
- Waist: 37.5″
- Hips: 39″
- Legs: 22.75″
This Week’s Calorie Requirements and Macros:
Next week I’ll explain how I got these figures. For now, just tough it out with me.
The intention is to cut one pound per week so with a BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) of 2,038.36 with an additional 1,477.81 calories to account for my activity level, my daily calorie requirement is 3,516.17. To cut one pound per week, I’ll cut 500 calories per day so that leaves 3,016.17 — we’ll call it 3,000 calories per day.
At my current weight, I’m shooting for 220 grams of protein, 88 grams of fat and 332 grams of carbs per day. This is all based on suggested targets that I will also explain in my macros post next week.
This Week’s Meal Plan:
This week I wanted to do something pretty simple with the meal plan — something that would require very little thought and equally little effort in the kitchen on Sunday. So I went with a few standbys that are going to be staples on a lot of “meathead” meal plans. Except you won’t see brown rice here — that shit sucks. If you like something, eat it. There are no “bad” foods. We should always enjoy eating. If you’re not enjoying your meals every day, you’re doing something wrong.
The meal plan this week is broken down into seven “meals” that consist of…
- Meal One — Breakfast
- 2 Packs of Quaker Instant Oatmeal (mixed with water) and one protein shake (also mixed with water)
- Meal Two — Mid-Morning Snack
- 1 Banana; 1 Pack of Quaker Instant Oatmeal (mixed with water)
- Meal Three — Lunch
- 8oz grilled chicken; 1 cup steamed white rice; 1 cup roasted broccoli
- Meal Four — Mid-Afternoon Snack
- 1 Banana; 1 cup of Frosted Flakes
- Meal Five — Post-Workout
- Protein Shake (mixed with water)
- Meal Six — Dinner
- 8oz “Korean-Style” ground beef; 1 cup cauliflower rice, 6oz roasted carrots; two fried eggs
- Meal Seven — Bedtime Snack
- Two Slices of Dave’s Killer Bread, Toasted; 4 tablespoons extra-crunchy peanut butter
This Week’s Workout Plan:
This week, as with almost all weeks, will consist of cardio in the form of boxing, kickboxing and MMA classes at Title Boxing Club, two Jiu Jitsu classes at Gracie Barra Knoxville and two weight-training sessions that I’ll detail very soon.
- Monday: Boxing — 60 Minutes; Weightlifting — Deadlifts, Bench Press, Biceps Circuit; Jiu Jitsu — 60 Minutes
- Tuesday: Boxing — 45 Minutes
- Wednesday: Boxing — 60 Minutes; Jiu Jitsu — 60 Minutes
- Thursday: Rest (Stretching)
- Friday: Boxing — 60 Minutes
- Saturday: Weightlifting — Squats, Pull-Ups, Triceps Circuit
- Sunday: MMA — 60 Minutes
Mercy. That’s a lot of information. Just know that every week won’t be this in-depth. This includes the weekly, bi-weekly and monthly information so it’s going to make the next few weeks look a little skimpy! Please follow me on Instagram if you want to see how things are going!
Later this week look for a post that details my meal plan for this week more in-depth. I’ll try to cover the entire process if I can!
Good luck on your journey, y’all — whatever that journey may be.
One thought on “JTF’s Mount Crushmore, Week 1”